Nowadays, applying IT to business is a need. IT application is a factor contributing to the innovation of management, operation and manufacturing, which assures the business performance and saves costs.
The question is: How to invest in enterprise IT applications with less costs and high efficiency? What are the factors decisive to the success of a software product?
For each project, besides people and software product, deployment process is decisive factor to the the project success. A professional deployment process should follow the below steps:
- Step 1: Organizing deployment team: It includes consultant and client representative. In this step, it’s necessary to state clearly the roles and responsibilities of the involved parties and detailed assignments to each member in the team.
- Step 2: Installing the software: Software and sample database are installed into the system to let users get used to it and test the system as well.
- Step 3: Training deployment team: Deployment team need to discuss the features of the solution, select the suitable features for the project and provide the client with the sufficient information of how the solution works. This is also the core team training the users in the future.
- Step 4: Designing and approving : The project team set up the system specifications based on the actual needs of the client, run testing and make reports.
- Step 5: Training the users: Training sessions will be conducted for the users based on the built-up system.
- Step 6: Set up the system: After the training, the arisen problems will be updated and finalized for the system.
- Step 7: Integrating the database: When the system test is stable, software solution provider will ask the client to provide the real database to integrate into the system.
- Step 8: Checking and refining: Software solution provider will support the users check the system acceptance.
- Step 9: Operating: The users start to operate the system.
- Step 10: After-operation checking: One month after the operation, an after-deployment checking will be conducted for the system. The supplement documents, reports, training materials will be also transferred to complete the project.
This process not only helps parties understand their roles and responsibilities to coordinate in the deployment, clarify the project content for enterprises to know what they will have after the project, but also assures the project progress is tracked closely and updated periodically for each party.
(Source: Ta Vi Co., Ltd)